A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by El Dictator on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:56 am

Facts

Oranges the fruit are the most commonly grown tree fruit in the world.

In many languages, it is referred to as the 'chinese apple'. (Though, in english a 'chinese apple' is usually referring to a pomegranate)

Blood oranges are most commonly considered the most delicious juice oranges. (I agree)

Orange is also a color, occurring between red and yellow in the visible spectrum.

There are towns named Orange in South Africa(THREE OF THEM), France, Australia, California, Conneticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Massachussetts, Michigan(a township), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

Nothing rhymes with it. I'm sure it's very lonely.

avatar
El Dictator
GYM LEADER

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-08-04
Age : 30
Location : In your head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by spectravision on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:59 am


Nothing rhymes with it. I'm sure it's very lonely.

Actually, this was visited on an episode of the British quiz panel show QI, and there is in fact a rhyme for orange - Gorringe. A rare English surname derived from Sussex, it is currently and to my knowledge recognized as the only true rhyme for "orange." (also, if you really want to push it, "door hinge.")


Last edited by spectravision on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:06 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
spectravision
GYM LEADER

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 29
Location : behind you...

View user profile http://spectre-vision.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by Damascus on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:00 am

kittenboxxing wrote:Nothing rhymes with it. I'm sure it's very lonely.

It still has silver and purple to hang out with.
avatar
Damascus
ELITE FOUR

Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-08-04
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by El Dictator on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:06 am

spectravision wrote:

Nothing rhymes with it. I'm sure it's very lonely.

Actually, this was visited on an episode of the British quiz panel show QI, and there is in fact a rhyme for orange - Gorringe. A rare English surname derived from Sussex, it is currently and to my knowledge recognized as the only true rhyme for "orange."

SURNAMES DO NOT COUNT THAT IS A PROPER NOUN YOU FIEND!
avatar
El Dictator
GYM LEADER

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-08-04
Age : 30
Location : In your head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by Justin on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:08 am

Damascus wrote:
kittenboxxing wrote:Nothing rhymes with it. I'm sure it's very lonely.

It still has silver and purple to hang out with.

Someone has obviously never been on the receiving end of a purple nurple.
avatar
Justin
Junior Trainer

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by El Dictator on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:23 am

Justin wrote:

Someone has obviously never been on the receiving end of a purple nurple.

YES I HAVE. THAT IS WHY PURPLE IS GREAT!!!!!!!!


totes not my favorite color or anything...>.>
avatar
El Dictator
GYM LEADER

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-08-04
Age : 30
Location : In your head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by WolfieShay on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Blood oranges and purple are most definitely amazing. Although black is a better color than purple, imo, purple/red/dark green run a very close second.

Clementines are also good. Purple nurples, however, are very much of the bad. They are bad bad bad. Like dropping a Charmander into the ocean bad.
avatar
WolfieShay
Junior Trainer

Posts : 19
Join date : 2011-08-16
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by El Dictator on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:09 pm

Well, I'm just a masochist like that I suppose XD. ALSO if you can master giving the purple nurple, AND not freaking out when receiving one, you are probably the most powerful person in the world. And that's why I am El Dictator XD. Black is definitely one of my very very favorite colors along with silver, dark green, and red. I was actually into vampires for awhile pretty hard and I would only drink red drinks if i had a choice. Ever mixed mountain dew or mellow yellow and red powerade/gatorade? you haven't? do it. it's delicious.
avatar
El Dictator
GYM LEADER

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-08-04
Age : 30
Location : In your head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by WolfieShay on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:36 pm

kittenboxxing wrote:Well, I'm just a masochist like that I suppose XD. ALSO if you can master giving the purple nurple, AND not freaking out when receiving one, you are probably the most powerful person in the world. And that's why I am El Dictator XD. Black is definitely one of my very very favorite colors along with silver, dark green, and red. I was actually into vampires for awhile pretty hard and I would only drink red drinks if i had a choice. Ever mixed mountain dew or mellow yellow and red powerade/gatorade? you haven't? do it. it's delicious.
Aw, I forgot about silver. Also a favorite of mine. And I'm still into vampires. XD I've never tried that, though I have tried sunny d and blue maui schnapps. It turns this wicked awesome shade of green, and it's really sweet. As for the nurples, I am apparently good at giving them, and have only gotten one once, when I was like, 9. And then I punched my best friend in the thigh. Smile
avatar
WolfieShay
Junior Trainer

Posts : 19
Join date : 2011-08-16
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by El Dictator on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:39 pm

I have a special anti-purple nurple bra XD you cannot reach mine through it! ha! I'm good at them also, mainly good at pinching. I'm still mildly into vampires. LOVE Anne Rice stuff mostly.
avatar
El Dictator
GYM LEADER

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-08-04
Age : 30
Location : In your head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by WolfieShay on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:20 am

kittenboxxing wrote:I have a special anti-purple nurple bra XD you cannot reach mine through it! ha! I'm good at them also, mainly good at pinching. I'm still mildly into vampires. LOVE Anne Rice stuff mostly.
XD lol, my friends don't do nurples anymore. Mostly, we just slap each other in the tits. XD I'm a ginormous Buffy/Angel fan. My love of Buffy/Angel = my love of Pokemon. Been awhile since I read any of Anne Rice's work. I love it though.
avatar
WolfieShay
Junior Trainer

Posts : 19
Join date : 2011-08-16
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by Vile on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:36 pm

WolfieShay wrote:
XD lol, my friends don't do nurples anymore.

Sounds like you need to get back into the habit.
avatar
Vile
Junior Trainer

Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by WolfieShay on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Vile wrote:
WolfieShay wrote:
XD lol, my friends don't do nurples anymore.

Sounds like you need to get back into the habit.
Oh god, no. It was terrible when we did it, and I'd hate to think how mean we'd get now. Plus, some of them have piercings now that they didn't used to have, so.... lol!
avatar
WolfieShay
Junior Trainer

Posts : 19
Join date : 2011-08-16
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by JenovaRemnant on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:19 am

i like how this topic went from oranges to purple nurples
avatar
JenovaRemnant
Junior Trainer

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by El Dictator on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:52 am

COLORS!!!
avatar
El Dictator
GYM LEADER

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-08-04
Age : 30
Location : In your head

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by CM Ketchum on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:02 am

El Dictator wrote:Well, I'm just a masochist like that I suppose XD. ALSO if you can master giving the purple nurple, AND not freaking out when receiving one, you are probably the most powerful person in the world. And that's why I am El Dictator XD. Black is definitely one of my very very favorite colors along with silver, dark green, and red. I was actually into vampires for awhile pretty hard and I would only drink red drinks if i had a choice. Ever mixed mountain dew or mellow yellow and red powerade/gatorade? you haven't? do it. it's delicious.
I Can Receive Almost The Worst Of Nurples.. And Always Hit The Nip When i Aim... But Personally I Like Titty Volleyball Moar... Its Commonly Known As Patty Flip But You Make It A Game Where The lAst One Hit Loses

_________________
مرحبا
أنا أحبك، ويتزوج عني
avatar
CM Ketchum
Junior Trainer

Posts : 8
Join date : 2013-07-30
Age : 24
Location : Death Moans, Koala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by WolfieShay on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:27 am

CM Ketchum wrote:I Can Receive Almost The Worst Of Nurples.. And Always Hit The Nip When i Aim... But Personally I Like Titty Volleyball Moar... Its Commonly Known As Patty Flip But You Make It A Game Where The lAst One Hit Loses

What is this titty volleyball you speak of?

Totes not a person who watches boobs during volleyball games cause boobs aren't the most epic thing ever or anything, right?

_________________
}i{Eevee Fan}i{
avatar
WolfieShay
Junior Trainer

Posts : 19
Join date : 2011-08-16
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by CM Ketchum on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:42 am

WolfieShay wrote:
CM Ketchum wrote:I Can Receive Almost The Worst Of Nurples.. And Always Hit The Nip When i Aim... But Personally I Like Titty Volleyball Moar... Its Commonly Known As Patty Flip But You Make It A Game Where The lAst One Hit Loses

What is this titty volleyball you speak of?

Totes not a person who watches boobs during volleyball games cause boobs aren't the most epic thing ever or anything, right?
Tis Lifting Then Slapping Down The Boobs Of a Large Breasted Individual
LOl

_________________
مرحبا
أنا أحبك، ويتزوج عني
avatar
CM Ketchum
Junior Trainer

Posts : 8
Join date : 2013-07-30
Age : 24
Location : Death Moans, Koala

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friendly Discussion of Oranges

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum