Iowan Pokémon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic: the Gathering

2 posters

Go down

Magic: the Gathering Empty Magic: the Gathering

Post by Fefnir Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Anybody here play that? I know me and Justin do, and there are a bunch of people that play at pretty much every con we go to.

So this thread can be just general discussion, but about Mtg, not oranges... lol.

What kind of player are you? (casual, competitive, etc?) What are your favorite colors? Combos? Cards?

I'll go ahead and start.

I really like red. I'm neutral about all the other colors except blue. I dislike blue very much, to put it nicely. I'd say I'm a competitive player, but with a casual outlook. For example, I almost never play a deck just because it's good. If it's possible, I'll take a card I like and build a deck around it. Like Obliterate. Normally, you wouldn't use that card, but I like it a lot. So I made a red ramp deck using a couple combos, and resulted in a deck that actually won a local Legacy tournament a while back.
Fefnir
Fefnir
Junior Trainer

http://www.stuffedpandacosplay.com

Back to top Go down

Magic: the Gathering Empty Re: Magic: the Gathering

Post by Damascus Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Hell yeah. I'm a casual gamer though, as few people up here play anymore and tournaments are expensive and frustrating for me.

Red and black are my favorite types to play, and the only deck I've made to withstand the test of time is Red/Black. I can't give my strategy away, but suffice to say it has never stopped netting me a great deal of victories.
Damascus
Damascus
ELITE FOUR

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum